Chapman 2 Person Tournament
$15 entry fee + any applicable cart fees
Mens and Womens Flights only
Verifiable GHIN handicap required
Call to Sign Up! (352) 307-1766
History – The name of the tournament originated with Dick Chapman, a renowned amateur golfer in the 1940’s & 50’s. The format was created to balance two players of different abilities. This allows the stronger players to work with the weaker players. The stronger players drive sets up the weaker player for an easier approach shot. After two shots, you should be close to the green, so playing alternate shot from there should be less impacting.
Playing the Game
• This is a two-person team format with handicaps
• Both players hit drives
• Each player hits the second shot from where their partners drive lays
• The best of the second shots is selected to continue playing the hole
• From the best of the second shot, the partners play alternating shots into the hole
• The player whose second shot was picked up, plays the third shot, hitting the best of the 2nd shot ball
• The players continue to alternate until the ball is holed.
• The handicaps are calculated as 60% of the stronger player and 40% of the weaker player and then combined for a team handicap.